5 Benefits Of Steel Garage Doors
Of all of the materials available, steel offers the most durability. It can withstand a variety of weather conditions and can even endure the occasional bump without buckling, though they should not be subjected to frequent abuse. These also do not require as much painting or frequent repairing like wooden garage, meaning you can save time and money.
Please note: For all the types it is highly recommended to have yearly maintenance, especially lubrication, spring and cable checks.
To Check out about our maintenance services, CLICK HERE
1. Long Term Warranties: Another big advantage of steel doors is that they tend to have warranties that last for several years longer than other styles. This means that, should something go wrong, you have a better chance at getting a repair or replacement, even several years down the road.
2. Weather Resistant: Energy efficiency is also a big concern for most homeowners. When weather conditions change, it can become increasingly expensive to cool or heat your home. A garage can offer a bit of a buffer between the inside of your home and the elements, but it let both climate control and less dollars in cost.
With a steel option, you can reduce this effect, as many steel models come with the option to add insulation. This keeps your home heating and cooling costs down without breaking the bank.
3. Pre-painted: Steel garage are often pre-painted and do not require any finishing after they have been installed, making them a convenient option. They usually just require a thorough washing periodically to keep them looking great, versus repainting every few years as required of wooden doors.
4. Low in cost: Another feature that many people appreciate about steel garage, is that they are more affordable than most other options. They do not cost as much to produce as other types. They also come in a variety of gauges, depending on your requirements, and you can get a model that is stronger if necessary.
5. Attractive Designs: Now that steel panels are more and more popular, manufacturers have taken note and are offering increasingly attractive designs. Many designs are being offered in order to give customers a wide range of options, allowing them to transform a utilitarian part of their home into a decorative statement. These have usually been more expensive, but prices have come down in recent years, putting them at the same level as the standard panel doors that are common.Read more about Wooden Garage Doors.
If you are interested in exploring a steel door as a way to add both beauty and functionality to your home, contact us at Rissland Co. 973-239-0502. Our team of experts has more than 40 years of experience and we can help you find the perfect option for your needs.